Monday, June 20, 2011

Strawberry Days Carnival

We can't go to the carnival without something strawberry can we?  I have wanted to since we moved here three years ago.  Finally I did it!  I wasn't able to get any fabulous Photos.  Little Libby just doesn't want to pose for me.  CeCe tried on V's since she was out of town.



I went with a Lil Blue Boo inspiration to make dresses out of knit with the seams exposed.  I used Simplicity 3899 because it had raglan type sleeves.  It worked great but then came the problem: what to do with the neckline.  I opted to roll hem it and then add shirring.  I think they turned out pretty darn cute!

Did I mention we needed hair bows too?  The strawberry is a free design from Mystic Threads.
These were so simple and fast I really have no excuse for the pounds of knit sitting around here.  Not to mention that I found a super fun t-shirt at the thrift store for a $1 and another for $2...just wait until you see it.
And as per Nichole's suggestion I found the cutest knit sheet at the thrift store too!

No comments:

Post a Comment