Sunday, May 8, 2011

Baptism Dress

Really this is a confirmation dress as she was baptized in a jumper. We in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints baptize at 8.  I was asked to make a dress for my niece.  They had nothing really specific.  So I just had fun.  This dress had no zipper or buttons.  It just slipped over her head.  But she did inform me it was hard to put on :(  It should have been a size larger.  I followed her measurements and the pattern, but this one unfortunately was a bad fit. 
Over all I love how the dress come out.  I used a simple polyester satin from Hobby Lobby. I had purchased two different things to go for the waist band but was unhappy with both once I got them home.  I am happy with the flowers I ended up putting on.


I used an over lay on the bodice and made some butterfly style sleeves.


No comments:

Post a Comment