Sunday, May 9, 2010

Book Purse




My Daughter just turned twelve today. She loves to read. So the perfect present for her: a purse made out of a book. There are many tutorials online. I combined a couple different techniques that I saw and made what worked for me.
This book I picked up I actually purchased for reading, however with a little research found it had inappropriate discussions and values opposite of ours. Lucky for me it was a dang cute pink hard bound book! Away goes the words and here it becomes a darling purse.



I messed up when sewing this. Maybe it was the midnight sewing? I got the lining facing the inside and ended up gluing the fun polka dot to the book :( I already had the glue ready before I noticed or I would have fixed it.
I don't think she noticed, hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment