Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kindergarten

Well it is my 4th time doing it, but a little of me is lost everytime!  Where did my time with my sweet little V go?  Already off to start Kindergarten!  I was really running out of time so she got a really quick, and I mean quick I did it this morning in about 5 minutes, redwork design on her shirt.  She colored it over breakfast with some fabric crayons I had.  She thought it was great.  She is wearing CeCe skirt from last year.  Which worked fine she couldn't have been happier.

         This Mom wants something special for them on these special days. "Let's make you a cute skirt I will take you shopping to pick something perfect out."  I took her shopping for fabric and we had a bit of a conflict.  She wanted some Hawaiian print orange with yellow flower knit like, bargin bin fabric.  Well I wanted something schoolish with red in it to match the shirt we had (one she is wearing with red sleeves). 
Argument ensued.  

Threat made...pick a fabric (with red please) and stop pouting or we are leaving.
  
Begging and bartering...Mom will buy the strange print knit fabric and make another shirt or dress, but please still help find a fabric to go with the shirt.  

At this point kid isn't listening, is not comprehending anything except 'Mom said no'. Well we left.  No new fabric.  Nerves frazzled tears welling (yes, my eyes too) and Mom has learned what?  It didn't even matter she was perfectly happy to wear the old red skirt!

Don't you just love that she chose to wear her black boots today!  She is the kind of kid that kicks her shoes off were ever and doesn't ever remember were that was.  I really think these were all she could find this morning, because I know she has some really cute Mary Jane's.  But, as I have already learned it doesn't matter and she is perfectly happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment